Translate

Monday, April 20, 2020

2-Place Illness

The Covid-19 virus has us quarantined, worried, and emotionally frazzled. But longing for another place, a location steeped in memories, keeps insanity at bay and brings hope. It's a fickle life, that which is divided into a love of two places. When you're in one, you long for the other and thus, you're never satisfied. Maybe I'm alone in this overthought philosophy but I suspect there are many others who are pining for a favorite place right now.

For this grecophile, that place is Epirus!  "Epirus again?!" I hear you. "Enough, Linda!"

Well, I'm sorry, I can't help it. Epirus is a place of creativity, stunning topography, unconventional wisdom, unending curiosity and a place where ordinary food tastes extraordinary!

What place are you dreaming of?
























Here are the links for The Nifi, Your Own Kind, and Among the Zinnias. I hope you'll give one of them a try!










1 comment:

  1. Like you, we long for Epirus! In our case, for the Zagori villages and the Vikos Gorge. But we also miss the Ionian Sea!

    ReplyDelete