Translate

Saturday, July 12, 2014

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.




I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
The one with the prettiest view

It's got mountains, it's got rivers
It's got woods that give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you

When I'm gone (when I'm gone)
When I'm gone (when I'm gone)
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

You're gonna miss me by my walk
You'll miss me by my talk
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone


It's a song sung by Anna Kendrick but it was originally written and recorded in 1931. It's not just the Lyrics that make me think of Chevi, but it's also the upbeat way Kendrick sings it.

You can hear it on  --> YOUTUBE  Chevi was a woman who could tell you the saddest story about her life with a smile and a little laugh, as though the tone would explain: That's just the way life is. It's okay.

I'm on my way to Margariti; it'll be the first time in 32 years where she will not be there. But I have a feeling I'll see her in the mountains, the rivers, the woods that give me shivers. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment